Monday, May 21, 2012

I always come back to this...

I am going to preface this video with the insistence that you go buy this whole album immediately.




Now that I've got that done with...This is The London Suede... and really, anyone who cares just calls them Suede... silly name disputes aside. To me, these guys are legends. It may just be that an ex of mine from college introduced me to them, it may just be that this album distinctly paints pictures of another life, another time for me, like no album can.... but honestly, nearly everyone I've ever introduced to this album (in particular, and again like no other album has), has become completely infatuated with it. It is an amazing album....   oh, yeah.... The London Suede, "DOG MAN STAR" go get it, dammit.
Anyhow, it's a living breathing entity. It's vibrant, aggressive, aloof, distant, sad, mournful.... It will remind you vividly of something amazing, even if you've never heard it before... you will truly feel this album... honestly, one of the best albums ever. I'm not over selling this, either.
These are just two videos, and you should check out the rest....
Above is "We Are The Pigs," the 2nd track, and really the first "standout" if there are any on this opus. I really like the guitars in this, dark and smokey... sedate but expressive... the track has energy but it seems to hang in space....
Below is "The Wild Ones," a gorgeous video... I really feel this track... it pulls at something deep in me. Check them out, and then check out the rest of the album. Suede have a number of other albums, more raw, sometimes more poppy... do yourself a favor and check out the albums"Suede," "Stay Together," and definitely "New Morning," then you can check out "coming up" and lastly "head music", which, though it has high points, has the most lows of all their albums....
But really, finally had to put this up here... you won't be disappointed. Listen to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment