Tuesday, May 8, 2012

...he sailed off through night and day...

I know... this is a music post... a music post.... a celebration of all things that sound like stuff... but shit went DOWN today... and I appologize, as this will be more than my usual brief post, and their will be alot of stuff here...though to be fair and respectful, I'll split it up... today Maurice Sendak died. The beloved author of "Where the Wild Things Are" (among others, not to sell his other books short, there were some good ones... but...), let's face it, Wild Things touched everyone's childhood, and will for years to come. First MCA, now Maurice Sendak... I just read the book to my two youngest, and teared up a bit... I've included a video of the book being read... and even though it was recorded a few months ago, I like the way he chokes up a bit reading the ending... I understand completely.


I heard a great interview with him on NPR today. I've got the link to it, including a trove of other good stuff for you right here. Enjoy.
Thank you Mr. Sendak

No comments:

Post a Comment