Tuesday, January 8, 2013

They're not as fuzzy as you might think...

sheep.
I owe anyone paying attention something fantastic.
Every few months I lose track of this blog and have to reconnect with something that's got
a lot of "wow" with really aggressive jazz hands.
so.... sheep.
yup.

I'm gonna start off with a single by Rabia Sorda, the side project of Hoccico collaborator Erik Aicrag. This is a sort of electro clash, poppy electro punk thing... It's kind of reminiscent of later Apoptygma Berzerk, MGMT with more balls... that type of thing.

anyway. This is Eye m the black sheep. Fun track....



Moveing on.... a little band called swichblade symphony... very defunct... very cool in their day.
Dark, electronic... darkwave, I think.   Cult following, fell apart after only three studio albums and some random bullshit. They went on to produce separate acts, some hippy-type stuff, and some more dark, though vastly inferior, material.

This is "sheep", from their second album "bread and jam for francis."




Lastly.....

and WAY more obscure....

Think Tree, from boston ma... and I'm kinda dating myself a bit here...
these guys were almost big for like a year in my circle and area back in the early 90's (as their wiki says, the song "hire a bird" was included in WFNX's 500 greatest songs of all time)...
This wasn't really a big song... but I think it deserves a listen... you might check out the
fantastic "Hire a bird" as well...

This band is a bit out there, but give a listen... All We Like Sheep...

I'll try not to lose track for so long in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment