Saturday, April 21, 2012

I've been taught over the years to call shenanigans on anyone who says "I listen to everything." It usually means that they listen to a handful of radio friendly genres, and a few things that they learned from their parents or an ex girl/boyfriend.  However, I am one of those people who genuinely does listen to everything.  New, old, unusual, mainstream... I'm the guy who doesn't get down on musicians for making music that I wouldn't make, or for selling out, insisting that there's always something to be gained by listening.  We're gonna test that out here.  We're gonna wade through every possible nook and cranny of the music world.  It's all great stuff... hopefully you can bear with me and try to see what's in the sound, even if it bores you, hurts your ears, or just plain pisses you off. I'm gonna start off just giving you youtube videos and maybe some soundcloud stuff, but who knows, maybe we can get some other goodies up once in a while.

Thought I'd start this off with a track that's been in my head for a week or two now. It's a bit obscure, but kicks ass in way most stuff can't.  The Cycle Sluts From Hell's, "I Wish You Were A Beer." It's great driving music, great party music, it's hard, pushes the limit, screams for more.  Most folks don't remember these chicks, but honestly they've got one of the best sets of names in all of made-up-rock-name-dom.  My favorite is definitely Venus Penis Crusher, but Honey One Percenter gets props for being currently relevant.  See their wikipedia entry and educate yourself here.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment